4.03.2013

Only Child Syndrome



I am about 99% sure my child heard my thoughts yesterday as I looked at her and for a brief second and thought, we should just have another.  She quickly realized she should show me that we should NOT have another.  One is good, one is enough.  Want proof.  I happen to have it.


No less than 30 seconds after the thought crossed my mind, she was on the ground crying about the bubbles on her hands and in her mouth.  She DRANK the bubbles and didn't like the way they tasted.

She quickly decided that chicken wings (her favorite food) are disgusting and she will not eat them.

She threw her cup that was freshly filled with ice and water down on her toe, causing a irreversible fit as well as a black, bruised toenail.

She whined constantly through her bath because "it's too hottttt, I want Ariel, sing the mermaid song mommy, waaaaaaah."

She acted like tonight was the first time in her life a bed time has ever been enforced when she threw her body to the ground at the end of Bubble Guppies, because that has never meant bed time before...

She made me hold her down to brush her teeth because apparently that is the new form of torture, oh and using the bathroom before bed?  Forget it.  She didn't need to go until AFTER she read 2 books.

She woke up the second I laid down and stayed up until 11:30.  She was complaining of a belly ache.  I knew it was legit because it woke me up too...it was gas.  We have both eaten about 3-4 hard boiled eggs a day since Easter... Classy

Needless to say, I am happy with one.  I can't do this shit times 2.  I just can't.  Don't get me wrong, she makes me happy, she just also has the ability to make me stabby all at the same time, espesh at 11:30 at night.  And lets be real, newborns love them some 11:30 pm!

Who's with me?  How many of my readers are done with one, and how many are gonna try to talk me into more?!

Happy hump day & go check out my So What Wednesday guest post at Fun Things To Do While You're Waiting! (you won't want to miss it)!

6 comments:

  1. I have a 7 week old, and we seriously might be done. Even though my husband thinks differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you KNOW what I'm going to say!! I think more than one is great! Especially as scarlet grows and matures. Built in best buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! She sounds like she might need a sibling to humble her a little. But hopefully she will grow out of this stage. :) She looks awfully cute in the photos on your blog! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. As awful as this is, your post had me cracking up! I was such a terrible only child growing up that I just know my little bundle of joy is going to annoy the crap outta me. She's not even born yet and she already does her best to try my patience each day by snuggling under my rib making movement near impossible.
    Our families are already consumed with when we will begin trying for baby #2! I'm already having the terrifying dreams about forgetting to baby and all kinds of crazy stuff to even think about having another!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im voting on more than one! What would you do without Sus?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you're reading!