9.16.2010

oH YEAH

So today I had a lot to accomplish.  I had to get baby a new carrier (the Bjorn hugs ALL the wrong places and gives major hang-over to those of us who have not been on the lose weight train) by hang-over I mean kinda like muffin top on your sides and back.  Anyway we also needed a bath tub seat cause baby girl is OVER laying down in the tub but can't quite sit up.  On top of all of this, we had fondue for dinner last night.  That's right y'all we popped our fondue cherry and man I am glad we did.  (you don't have to be married to do this :)  So before I dig into my new half eaten container of Neapolitan ice cream, I will give you some proof!

Alright,  some may think I am silly for buying a new baby carrier at 4 months but listen.  I am so so so disappointed in the Bjorn.  I read a lot about it before and it sounded ok but after the fact I realized that many people dislike it for many different reasons.  Now the "crotch dangling" thing does not bother me, nor the babe, but what does bother me is the fact that no matter how thin you may be, the straps dig in your every groove showing what you have left to work on.  You know what people, the point of the Bjorn is so that moms of little ones (i.e. babies that can't be slung on the hip yet) can carry our babes while we accomplish other things.  Well if I am walkin' around lookin lumpy I don't want it!  On that note I am in a size 10 comfortably :)  So I broke down and got the Ergo baby today.  It is MAGICAL!!!  For real!  She loves it, I love it, and it looks cute on!!  I would totally recommend it and if you get it at Buy Buy Baby with a 20% coupon it is like $80.  A deal I tell ya!
Moving right along...
Baby S is so totally over laying down in the tub.  Now that she has figured out that she has a neck and stomach muscles, she lays there and attempts to sit, so we got this.  She LOVED it!  Because she cannot sit unsupported I put the big frog sponge from her previous tub underneath her.  She stopped sliding around immediately!  I am so glad she can see and play now, not to mention I don't get totally soaked while bathing her!  Last but not least, the best idea I ever had (other than having my baby)

We made some badass fondue per my request.  I found the recipes, I went to the store, and I prepped it all!  Although it is a lot of work it was so worth it.  Cheese fondue was swiss, gruyere, white wine, nutmeg, dry mustard, garlic, lemon juice, brandy, and corn starch.  It was so good.  The dippers were cauliflower, bread, and green apples.  For the meat I could not find a recipe on line that was not plain oil so I used oil, red wine, balsamic vinegar, portebellas, spices, and onions.  For dippers we had sirloin, chicken, broccoli, squash, & zucchini.  If you have extra time, no kid, and like a fun, entertaining meal, make this!!  We did not do dessert fondue because I like ice cream too much.  Hope everyone had a grand week and stay tuned cause tomorrow we are going to Tuscaloosa to see the "out-laws", pick out granite, and show off babes at The University Club dinner!  Good Night.

3 comments:

  1. Dang Letta is beyong CUTE! I love her! She and Fenn can be fat baby lovers!
    I hate the bjorn too b.c its too damn hard to get my baby in there . Is the Ergo easy to get the baby in by yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Laura it is so easy, I will do a tutorial tomorrow! Seriously you don't have to smash the babe getting em in (you know like our big ones) and I don't feel like I have to support her the whole time like I do in the Bjorn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you are a loon-srsly. Anyways, my niece needs a training bra-she looks smooshable and I want to eat her, and I do think she and Fenn should be fat baby lovers!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you're reading!