11.08.2011

Ramble on

I just need to blog.  I used to have a lot of funny-ness going on but for some reason that gets lost between work, baby, husband, laundry, chicken nuggets, finding the long lost Ked you have been searching for in the grill, and a whole slew of other things.  Life I guess.  Life has been so funny lately, funny and scary.  We sold the restaurant.  Thats right, a little over a year ago we bought it.  It had to go, now or never.  We found ourselves losing more and more money each month despite being super busy.  Being a business owner is very hard, and I wasn't even there much.  My sweet love suffered through trying not to let me know the hard times we were having but we finally talked about it and found someone dumb awesome enough to buy us out of this quick sand pit of debt.  (Sister do you remember that "quicksand" across the road behind the Kessler's house?)  He is now hanging around helping the owners out (and actually getting to bring a paycheck home!) until he finds his next calling.  On the funny front, our child is hilarious.  She has started talking so much, every day when I get her from school, she has at least 3 new words.  She repeats anything so I have really had to put the lock-down on my sailor mouth.  I'm trying to anyway.  She put two words together last week, its the only two she will say together.  While swinging outside she saw John cutting the grass and started yelling Hey Daddy, Daddy Daddy.  I asked her to say Hey Mommy, no dice.  I mean why would she?  Its not like I take care of her.  No, I'm not bitter.  Yesterday after school she was sitting in her carseat patting her bear to sleep, she said in the littlest whisper "Shhhh Mommy."  I mean not near as sweet as hey Mommy but she did whisper first to me.  Not that I am keeping track or anything.   I caught her doing this to me yesterday, I have no idea where this kid gets it. 

This is what Scarlet & her Daddy do.


So last night I made something magical.  Remember those corn nuggets they served in high shcool?  Like deep fried cream corn?  Maybe its a southern thing and if it is I apoloigize Northerners that you haven't had this but I am going to give you a chance and you don't even have to bust out the Fry Daddy.  Corn Nuggets have been souped up my friends, turned into something so awesome I ate 6...
Yeah, I realize they look more like cookies but I am so o.k. with that because it makes my brain think I am getting corn, cheese, & green onion flavored cookies, and honestly my brain LOVES that thought.  Moving forward, found this recipe in Food Network Magazine.  Very simple but be sure you get all of your ingredients out first because it comes together pretty fast.  It really makes it interesting with a toddler on you leg. 
Magic Corn Nugget Cookies:
1 C. canned cream style corn
1 Tsp. salt
1 3/4 C. Flour
4 Tbsp. butter
3 eggs
1/2 C. shredded pepper jack (more to sprinkle on top)
1 Tbsp. Chopped green onion
So put corn, butter and salt in a pot and bring to simmer over Med. heat, add flour and stir with wooden spoon until smooth and it pulls away from the sides.  Put in a bowl and let cool for a few minutes.  Add you eggs 1 at a time mixing thoroughly, then add cheese and green onions.  Put in the fridge and chill for 15 minutes.  Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, once cooled scoop 1 Tbsp. balls onto sheets, top with shredded cheese and bake at 400 for 20-25 or until tops are golden brown!  Have fun with this.  Guess I will get back to work, have a great week guys! 


2 comments:

  1. Oh em gee I totes remember the quicksand pit! Didn't we get stuck in it with Tipton? Corn nugs look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great ramble! I can not believe Letta is TALKINg. This is nuts! Yall gotta come visit stat!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you're reading!