1.20.2012

Yum!

Yesterday after work John & I decided to get an extra run in for the week.  I am going to Atlanta this weekend for my sister's birthday so I know I will be junk-fooding it up and we had a very special fat people dinner last night!  John's "dad's" only birthday request every year is that we all be together and go to his favorite restaurant, Gian Marco's.   We had our friend Alex come over to baby sit so we could enjoy an adults night.  Ya'll it was amazing.  I am feeling the after shocks of too much wine and entirely too much food today.  We normally all get some sort of pasta but this trip we decided to all go outside of our norm and all try something we wouldn't normally get.  This is what we had around our table... Rack of lamb rubbed with goat cheese with pesto gnocchi & caprese salad, some sort of magical snapper atop a shrimp, crab meat, corn relish, veal picatta with polenta, and a butter poached New York strip with bacon roasted brussel sprouts.  OHHHH Emmm GEEE.  Oh and I forgot the oysters and fried risotto & fontina balls.  Ya'll we ate like absolute fools and loved every minute of it.  It was so nice to have an adults only night out.  Here are the only food pics I got!

 This is my meal!! 

 Johns butter poached strip.  He had the waitress order for him so he would be surprised! 
Blakes snapper!

Hope your mouth is watering and your pants are as tight as mine today!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you're reading!