8.15.2010

Day 21 - A recipe

We love to cook, like every night.  This was a hard one for me.  To pick one recipe!  I finally decided on one that we LOVE but don't have often so here goes!  This is my moms potato soup recipe.  Ya'll it is east and the.best.soup.ever!  Creamy, fattening, served with cheese toast...I mean, what more could you ask for really?
Mom's Potato Soup
5 Idaho potato's
1 C. 1/2 &1/2
Small container of Sour Cream
1 white onion (chopped)
Salt/Pepper
Butter
Milk
Chives
  Peel potato's, cut into chunks.  Bring onions and potato's to boil.  Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.  Drain water, add 1/2 stick of butter, salt & pep then mash.  Pour in 1/2 &1/2, pour in milk until desired thickness.  Stir in 1/2 container of sour cream.  Simmer on low until you are ready to eat.  Add fresh chives on top for garnish & taste!!
This is sooooooo good seriously!  Try it and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you're reading!